Indian Postal Order (IPO) is the most popular means to pay fees for filing RTI Applications.
Till few months ago, IPO was available only at few branches of post offices. It has been a common problem of many of us to get IPO from post office either because of non-availability of IPO at post office or because of location of post office at far distance.
Government of India understood this problem of citizen, and launched online facility to get electronic IPO (e-IPO). Now we can get Indian Postal Order Online anytime.
Step by step procedure to get Indian Postal Order online has been explained below.
Step by step procedure to get Indian Postal Order Online:
Step–1: Go to e-IPO website by clicking https://www.epostoffice.gov.in/eIPO/Loginpage.aspx.
After clicking, below screen will appear.
Step–2: Click on the “Create New Account” to register on website. After clicking, below screen will appear.
- Enter username for which you want to create user
- Enter Password and Confirm Password for the same
- Enter email id so that eCode and mCode can be received which are used in the next step.
Mobile Number is “Optional” in this case.
- Select user status as “Citizens of India Living abroad“ for abroad citizens or “Citizens of India Living in India“ for citizens currently living in India.
- Enter Security Code as given in the image and click on Submit to create user.
- After submitting, following screen will appear.
- Enter User Id and email Id in the space.
If you want to resend the codes click on resend code button.
- Enter the eCode and mCode received on your email. If you have not received Codes, then click on resend code to receive the codes.
- Enter your personal details and enter the Security Code as given in the image.If you selected User Status as “Citizens of India Living abroad“ in step – 3, then Passport No.
and Expiry Date are mandatory here, otherwise not required.
- Click on Submit button to complete user Registration Process. Now your registration process is completed.
- Go to the Login Page by clicking https://www.epostoffice.gov.in/eIPO/Loginpage.aspx.
After clicking, below Screen will Appear.
- Enter Username and Password in the provided
- Enter the Security Code as given in the image and click on the Submit button to login into the eIPO system.
- After login, following screen will appear:
- User is provided various options-perform transaction, view eIPO list, reports etc.
- Click on the Transaction tab to book an eIPO as shown in above figure.
- After clicking, below screen will appear:
- Select the Ministry and Department from the displayed list .Also select the payment mode and Bank name.
- Click on Payment button to book the eIPO.
- It will lead to bank PG, where user can make the payment online.
Following screen will appear:
- This is the bank screen here user needs to enter card number, expiry date and other details.
- After entering all details, Click the Next button.
Following screen will appear:
- Here user needs to enter either IPIN or OTP number.
- Click Next. Following screen will appear:
- User can export e-IPO in PDF format.
- e-IPO appears as below:
You may follow above steps to get Indian Postal Order online.
If this article was helpful to you, please share using below buttons.
Please Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RTIAct2005F/.