Art Technology Group
Art Technology Group (ATG) was an independent Internet technology company specializing in eCommerce software and on-demand optimization applications until its acquisition by Oracle on January 5, 2011.
ATG continues to be based in Cambridge, Massachusetts and operates under its own name as a subsidiary of Oracle.
this is what happens when a tech company IPOs - Pinterest IPO
The company is a provider of eCommerce software and related on-demand commerce optimization applications. ATG's solutions provide merchandising, marketing, content personalization, automated recommendations, and live-help services.
Corporate history, acquisitions
1991: ATG is cofounded by Jeet Singh and Joseph "Joe" Taisup Chung, both graduates of MIT.
1991-1996: ATG delivered consulting services for building Web sites
1997-1998: ATG transitioned to a software company offering several products including an Application Server and an e-commerce platform.
1999: ATG made its initial public offering.
2000-2003: Focused on commerce applications, business tools for content management, merchandising, marketing and analytics; shift to industry standard application servers from IBM, BEA and JBoss.
2004: ATG acquired Primus Knowledge Solutions in a disputed acquisition that closed on November 1, 2004.
2005: ATG completed the integration of the Primus applications onto the ATG Web marketing and ecommerce software platform
2006: ATG acquired eStara, a provider of click to call, chat and call tracking solutions.
Art technology group ipo
2008: ATG acquired privately held CleverSet; the transaction closed on February 6, 2008.
2010: ATG acquired privately held InstantService; the transaction closed on January 12, 2010.
2010: Oracle Corporation reaches an agreement with ATG to start the acquisition process of ATG into Oracle. The announcement of the acquisition agreement was made public on November 2, 2010.
2011: Oracle Corporation completes its acquisition of ATG on January 5, 2011 for an estimated $1 billion, or $6.00 a share.
- ^ abcArt Technology Group (ARTG) annual SEC income statement filing via Wikinvest.
- ^ abArt Technology Group (ARTG) annual SEC balance sheet filing via Wikinvest.
- ^"Company Profile for Art Technology Group Inc (ARTG)".
- ^"Oracle and ATG".
Oracle Corp. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- ^Bednarz, Ann (2004-08-16). "ATG Picks Up Primus".
Networkworld.com. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- ^"Mitchell-Wright Technology Group, LLC Urges Art Technology Group Shareholders to Vote Against the Merger With Primus Knowledge Solutions, Inc". Business.cbs5.com. Archived from the original on April 6, 2009. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- ^"SaveATG.com at Archive.org".
Web.archive.org. 2005-02-08. Archived from the original on February 8, 2005.
- ^Kurt Peters (2006-09-19). "ATG to acquire eStara in cash-and-stock deal worth up to $48 million". Internetretailer.com.
- ^Bailor, Coreen (2006-09-20). "ATG Will Acquire eStara".
ATG (Art Technology Group)
Destinationcrm.com. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- ^"ATG buys CleverSet for $10 million".
- ^"CleverSet selling out to ATG for 10 million". Blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com.
2008-01-22. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- ^"ATG buys InstantService for $17M". Techflash.com. 2010-01-12. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- ^Gregory T. Huang, XCONOMY (2010-01-11).
Lists Featuring This Company
"Seattle-based InstantService, a provider of live chat services, was acquired by Art Technology Group (NASDAQ: ARTG) of Cambridge". Seattlepi.com. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- ^ abOracle buys ATG